IT Business Solutions – Product Spotlight: Cisco ONS 15454 100-Gbps CP-DQPSK Full C-Band Tunable DWDM Trunk Card
The Cisco® ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) supports a 100-Gbps Full C-Band Tunable CP-DQPSK DWDM Trunk Card, which simplifies the integration and transport of 100 Gigabit Ethernet and OTU-4 interfaces and services into enterprises or service provider optical networks.
Release 9.6 of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP extends the total data transport capacity by a factor of three, allowing dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) transmission of up to 9.6 Tbps (96 services at 100 Gbps) in the C-band.
The Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP 100-Gbps Full-Band Tunable CP-DQPSK DWDM Trunk Card is designed to provide the following benefits:
- 100-Gbps wavelength transport over fully uncompensated networks, with more than 2,500 km of unregenerated optical spans
- Enable 100-Gbps transport over very low-quality fiber with very high polarization mode dispersion (PMD)
- Support up to 96 100-Gbps wavelengths (50-GHz channels spacing) with very high tolerance to filtering penalties
- Improve overall system density up to 100 Gbps per slot, which is 5 times greater than the density achieved with 40-Gbps units
- Support several different configurations (transponder, muxponder, regenerator) through software provisioning only
How to get the most from the product
- Optical networks can be complex, if you find you need help or even a second set of eyes on a project, we can assist. Inteleca has a wide variety of services in optical network design so you can get the most out of your new hardware deployments.
- Likewise, Inteleca can help you protect your networking investments. With hardware support services and asset lifecycle management, you can make your network live up to its potential both now and in the future.
- Single slot card slot design for high-density, 100-Gbps solutions
- Up to six 100-Gbps DWDM Trunk cards per ONS 15454 M6 shelf assembly, supporting up to 42 100-Gbps interfaces per 42-rack unit (RU) bay frame
Flexible Restoration Options
- Transparent support for UPSR/SNCP, BLSR/MS-SPRing, and 1+1 APS/MSP
- OCH-trail protection through protection switch module
- Unprotected (0+1)