Multiservice Aggregation for the ONS 15454-ADM-10G Platform
The Cisco MSPP-on-a-Blade Card is a dual-slot, multiservice aggregation Cisco ONS 15454 board that provides 16 Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based client ports and three 10 Gigabit Small Form-Factor Pluggable (XFP)-based OC-192/STM-64 ports.
- One of the three OC-192/STM-64 ports is named interlink port and is used to provide interconnection with an identical board for the protection schemes or an OC-192/STM-64 client port in a single-card configuration.
- The second of the three OC-192/STM-64 ports can operate as interlink in case of dual-card protection and as DWDM trunk interface in case of single-card operation.
- The third OC-192/STM-64 port supports G.709 digital-wrapper and Enhanced Forward Error Correction (E-FEC) capability. This trunk port can be equipped with DWDM XFP, developed to meet wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) filter specifications and give the transponder the DWDM interface.
The 16-client port can be equipped with different SONET/SDH (OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, or OC-48/STM-16) or Gigabit Ethernet SFPs (SX, LX, or ZX).
The Cisco MSPP-on-a-Blade combines ADM and transponder functions using multirate SFP (client) and XFP (trunk) configurable interfaces to consolidate many of the aggregation functions that are traditionally performed on an MSPP with multiple service blades and common cards, including high-order SONET/SDH and Ethernet over SONET/SDH (EoS) traffic grooming and aggregation, without any need for separate cross-connect cards.
Who would benefit from this product
This product is the perfect solution for Large Content Providers, Data Centers and Enterprises looking for high density solutions.
- Double-width card slot design for high-density ADM aggregation over OC-192/STM-64 signals
- Up to six Cards per shelf assembly on the Cisco ONS 15454 Platform
- Up to 3 cards per shelf assembly on the Cisco ONS 15454 M6 Platform
- Up to 1 cards per shelf assembly on the Cisco ONS 15454 M2 Platform
Flexible Protection Scheme
- UPSR on OC-192/SNCP on STM-64 trunk
- UPSR on OC-n/SNCP on STM-n client
- Double card with 1+1 protection group
- Single card with UPSR/SNCP on client
- Client 1+1 APS/LMSP
- Hairpinning on client side
- Unprotected (0+1)