The Cisco® Network Convergence System sets the industry benchmark for dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) solutions by delivering the programmability, massive scale, multi-layer convergence, and ultra-long-haul performance necessary for tomorrow’s network architectures.
Who Would Benefit from This Product
This product is the perfect solutions of Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Large Cable Companies, Television Networks, Utility Companies, and Large Enterprise Organizations.
The Cisco NCS 2000 100-Gbps DWDM Line Card is a module for both the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 Series and the Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP), which transports 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and services across metro, regional, and long haul DWDM optical networks.
The card has one pluggable CPAK transceiver port which is mapped to a single DWDM tunable trunk port.
Services demands of 100Gbps of any fiber service would require this card
The card features include:
- Transport of 100-Gbps wavelengths over fully uncompensated networks with very high polarization mode dispersion (PMD), with unregenerated optical reach of up to 6800 km.
- Support for one hundred twenty-eight (128) channels at 37.5GHz channel spacing, or up to 150 channels at minimal spacing.
- Continuously tunable laser and Nyquist transmit filtering for creation of multi-carrier DWDM super channels.
- Exceptional system density of 42 100-Gbps transponders per rack with a 100GBASE-LR4 client interface.
- Support for different configurations – transponder, muxponder, or regenerator.